Managing risk effectively can provide a significant return on investment (ROI)
Managing Human Capital Risk
There are many factors that go into the calculation of return on investment for risk management services. The ROI includes
social and financial considerations.
Because there are so many variables and because most of the measures are unique to the individual organization's future
experience, there is no way anyone can realistically claim to calculate an accurate ROI up front. However; that does not
mean there isn't a significant return on investment.
Here are the most-often referenced areas of ROI for effective risk management.
The Basics of How You Benefit
When people feel they are being treated fairly and with respect, they are far less likely to initiate job-related claims,
whether justified or not, against their employer. Helping displaced employees get reemployed is a win/win situation. The
employer or client …
- gains recognition for being socially responsible
- helps avoid and mitigate discrimination or other retaliatory claims by displaced employees
- reduces their unemployment compensation costs
- enhances their reputation among remaining employees as an employer that cares
- adds to a feeling of fairness by covering all levels of employees
- provides valuable services and enhances morale without incurring additional HR overhead or infrastructure
- adds a low cost/high value service to their employee benefit offerings
- can realize a ROI that far exceeds cost
Some Return-on-Investment (ROI) Considerations
When it comes to ROI, Job Hunter Pro's solutions are hard to beat. Here are some basic ROI considerations that apply
to our outplacement, transition, and staffing services.
- If outplacement reduced the average term of unemployment by less than one-half day, it would pay for itself
- If transition services avoided one retaliatory claim, it would pay for itself many times over
- If job interview support salvaged a single job placement due to better interview skills, it would pay for itself
- If our solutions helped you retain customers because of perceived fairness, the ROI would be huge
- If turnover among retained employees was reduced, the ROI would be significant
- If our outplacement solution replaced a traditional outplacement program, the savings would be phenomenal
The ROI concept is simple. Just as wellness programs, exercise and diet can help people stay well, job search, resume,
interviewing and related skills can help people get and stay employed. Because subscription-based outplacement covers your
entire workforce, it has ROI potential that is miles ahead of what traditional plans provide.
It's easy for employers to forget that unemployment compensation applies to any employees who worked for them during
what the UC law defines as the base period (the first four of the last five calendar quarters). This means that employees
who leave your employment for another job and subsequently become unemployed during the base period can create liability
The good news is you can reduce UC costs without adding to your workload or spending money on infrastructure. It’s
easier than you may think.
If you agree with the following three paragraphs, you can potentially save thousands, or even millions for very large
employers or PEOs. The larger your workforce, the more you can save.
Paragraph I: Former employees who have good job search skills are far more likely to get and stay employed. Not only
will they have shorter terms of unemployment, but also those who are employed are far less likely to file other employment-related
Paragraph II: Cloud-based technology makes it easy to get comprehensive job interview tools and skills into the hands
of former employees, even if they haven’t worked for you for many months!
Paragraph III: Accomplishing the above using an employee self-service system that won’t add to your organization’s
workload would make such a solution very attractive.
If the above paragraphs have some appeal for you, give us a call to learn more about how we can help you manage risk
and save money.
Helping displaced employees is an important mission for socially responsible organizations. With Job Hunter Pro, organizations
demonstrate their commitment to employees ... we do the rest.